Hello, hi, it’s me, I’m actually writing a blog post for the first time in two months!
I’ve been a busy lil bee for the majority of 2017; settling into and decorating my new house (painting walls takes AGES and I’m frightened of stepladders so you can imagine how well that’s going), working on my dissertation (who am I actually kidding, it’s due in 20 days and I have 800 words currently, smashing it) and pretending to be a giant snake in my 2-year-old drama classes (a game I instantly regretted when they decided I was “King Snek” and piled on top of me as “my babies”).
But I’m here, and thanks to the lovely Caroline over at Call Me Caz , I’ve got a cheeky little tag post for you. It’s the Liebster Award, which I actually did waaaay back when, but I’m giving it another bash for you now, because tbh I’ve changed quite a bit over the past couple of years. Ready? Let’s get cracking.
So here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself!
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked!
- Nominate 11 other bloggers!
- Ask them 11 questions you’ve thought up!
Get it? It’s pretty simple and pretty cute (which also perfectly describes my rabbit Paul, who has just fallen off my bed mid-yawn. Classic).
Okay, let’s go!
11 Facts About Me
- I am outnumbered pet-wise 9-1. My 7 rats and 2 bunnies have me completely under the thumb (under the thumb? Paw? Claw? I don’t know), even down to redecorating the rat’s cages with an Easter theme (Lady in ASDA: “Aw, these Easter baskets are cute, are you doing an egg hunt with some kids?” Me: “…Yes”) and letting the bunnies have free roam of my entire house.
- I don’t drink, frankly because I can’t be bothered and I’d rather spend my money on highlight or yet another Disney mug.
- I’m about to finish my degree in Media Studies and hope to go on and do a Masters in Digital Media and Communications.
- I collect Disney tsum tsums, a habit which started quite accidentally and has now ballooned to epic proportions.
- I have to cuddle a teddy/balled up teeshirt/piece of duvet before I can go to sleep because I’m an actual infant.
- I love to cook!
- I have a Diploma in Musical Theatre – an exam I managed to pass with a blocked nose, head cold and lost voice. I honestly believe the examiner felt sorry for me.
- I go into Primark every time I’m in town for work, which is at least three times a week. RIP my bank account, hello fluffy slippers and Disney PJs.
- I love video games, a trait I share with my Mum, and have been battling my way through Dead Rising 2 with more bloodlust than is absolutely necessary.
- My anxiety means I’m frightened of really specific things, the most notable being bins (and binbags, empty or otherwise) and milk that isn’t in an opaque carton. I don’t even know.
- I’m hoping 2017 will be a good year. I’m going to exercise more, eat better (so no more eating entire balls of mozzarella in one sitting) and also stop napping for 5 hours in the middle of the day.
Fascinated yet? You will be! Here are Caroline’s questions and my answers to them…
- Favourite month of the year and why? I love October because BIRTHDAY but I’ve got to say August – it’s my sister’s birthday month and it’s always so lovely and sunny and happy.
- Night or day? I’m usually snoozing through either, but I’m definitely not a night owl. I’m not really an early bird either; I peak at about 1pm and it’s all downhill from there.
- If you could relive any memory you have, which would you choose? Probably my last time performing in a musical. I didn’t realise at the time I would never get to do that again (if you’ve been reading for a while you’ll know all about the horrific Musical Theatre degree I attempted for 4 days before being told I was essentially useless and made to leave!). I did We Will Rock You at college and had the time of my sassy lil life.
- One thing you can’t live without? My pets! I adore them.
- What is one product you’re loving at the moment? Red lipstick! Loving a tan and bright red lips, it’s so fresh and summery! Special shout-out goes to Sleek for creating the most beautiful creamy red-pepper shades.
- Your favourite quote to live by? A woman is like a teabag: you never know how strong she is til she’s in hot water.
- Name three things that always put a smile on your face. My wonderful friends at Disney (and their fabulous party moves), my family and the sunshine! What a princessy answer that was.
- Who would you like to play you in a movie of your life? Emma Stone, mainly because she has that viciously sarcastic thing nailed.
- Where in the world would you love to travel and explore? I love Scotland; like, really love it there. It’s so beautiful and peaceful, except if you’re my mum and get bitten by a tick in the woods and get Lyme disease. Oops.
- Why did you start blogging? It was part of a uni assignment! As uni hasn’t been my absolute fave I took shelter in the blogging community and found some absolute gems.
- What film are you most excited to go and see in the cinemas right now? Beauty and the Beast! I’ve been twice already and I don’t even have words for how wonderful that film was. I still adore the classic, never fear, but the new film was so lovely!
Yay! Thanks Caroline for the questions, I love a good tag.
I’m not going to nominate anyone in particular because off the top of my head I can think of waaaay more than 11 bloggers I’d want to choose! If you’re reading this, tag! You’re it. Tweet me your blog posts, queens (and kings! and princesses! and princes! Whoever you wanna be is cool, okay?). I’ll tag a few of you on Twitter just in case nobody answers my questions and I die of actual embarrassment.
Here are my questions!
- What’s your favourite item of clothing?
- If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?
- Can you describe yourself in one sentence?
- What’s your favourite Disney film?
- Favourite childhood memory?
- Are you organised?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Which fictional character do you identify with most?
- Would you like to be shorter or taller than you are now?
- How do other people describe you?
- Tell me about your perfect day.
I can’t wait to be nosy and read everyone’s answers. This was so much fun to write – thank you again to Caroline for the tag!