Happy December 1st, friends! As you’re reading this I’m probably stuffing my face with the strawberry cream chocolates that I jammed into my own advent calendar, because that’s what you do when you’re an adult and you buy an EMPTY advent calendar. I’m super motivated with my blog lately, which is just as well, ’cause it’s been going for three years now and I haven’t been offered even a hint of an LA Blogger Trip or an all-expenses-paid jaunt round Disneyland Paris. Rude.
I’m joking – of course! I love my little blog the way it is, sponsored posts or no sponsored posts; award-winning or not. But I’d love to give it a bit more welly in the New Year. Is that just a Northern thing, giving something ‘a bit more welly’? I feel like my Mum would say it. Essentially I’m going to kick my butt into gear and make 2018 the year my little blog discovers its superpowers. I wrote this post about my 2017 blogging goals (which I 100% cheated at and wrote in May…?) but it’s safe to say I’ve got new ideas and I’m ready to do some SERIOUS blogging. Just FYI – that’s blogging where I’m not in my bed, downing Pepsi Max Ginger (it’s UNREAL), wearing some iteration of pyjamas (ie my boyfriends sweatshirt, knickers that my dog has probably chewed, and odd socks) and eating Mint Poppets like they’re tictacs. Let’s move on, shall we?!
- I want to write about SO MANY new things! I’ve been in my new house for a year now (WHAT), and it’s still nowhere near finished – there’s one room solely for ‘stuff I don’t want to get rid of but have no idea where to put’; I’m scared to climb into the loft, and my dog ripped up half my kitchen lino. I want to add an interiors section to my blog – sharing my shambolic journey as I attempt to make my house a home. Give me a free afternoon and you’ll find me browsing eBay for vintage Disney Store merch, watching The Little Mermaid and snuggling under my Baymax blanket, so you better believe I’ll be adding a Disney section too! I’m a massive animal lover (this coming from the girl who once had 9 pet rats and is still a bit fuming that she never found another one so she could have a nice solid 10) so I’ll be sharing anecdotes and advice on my fluffy lil pets too!
- Inspired as ever by the fab and lovely and generally perfect Jemma, I want to start a happy little community on Twitter – and by the time this post is published I’ll have dipped my toes in the water of hosting my very own Twitter chat! #littlechat is going to be exactly that – a quick fire round of questions with a different topic each week. It’ll be on Monday nights at 9pm – the spot that left a hole in my heart after #sassybloggers disappeared off the face of the earth. Sob.
- Improve my photography. Photography is the bane of my actual life – I feel like I can whack out a blog post no problem, and then it comes to getting the perfect photo – you know the one: a blurry background, twinkly lil fairy lights, artfully arranged coffee in my prettiest mug balanced on my white bedding. I’ll let you in on a secret – my bedding has multicoloured llamas on it and there’s never not mascara on my pillows. I’ll be taking part in some photo-a-day challenges to up my photography game!
- I’ve always wanted to be a vlogger – the idea of talking to a camera doesn’t phase me as I talk to myself twenty four seven anyway. However, ya girl works 7 days a week and any downtime is used solely for cuddling James until I get beard hair in my eye/up my nose; snuggling my pets until I get pet fur in my eye/up my nose; or sleeping. So I’ll be taking full advantage of Instagram Stories – to share my hilariously messy life with you all without having to crack out Windows Movie Maker.
- I have so many life experiences that I want to share with you all, ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. I mean, who wants to know what it’s like having 10+ pets? Or what I learned from being cheated on? I’ll be starting a new series – What I Learned – so I can have a little reflect and you can have a chuckle (even at the whole ‘cheated on’ thing – there was a flying frying pan involved).
So fingers crossed, and here’s to a productive New Year of littlebudget! What are some of your goals? Hit me up on twitter @little_budget and let me know!