I’m all about Technic Cosmetics. My first EVER makeup was one of their dinky lil eyeshadow palettes that I smeared all over my eyelids and looked, quite frankly, a mess – but felt great. Technic has definitely had a glow-up since then; boasting super glossy highlight, Pro brushes, palettes, shimmer… and all at crazily affordable prices.
They were fab enough to send me a little package containing two of their Pro brush range (which are bright orange and super sassy) and their solid brush cleanser.
Now, real talk – I’m SO lazy when it comes to cleaning my makeup brushes! I’d rather guiltily spend a few quid online picking up a bumper pack of unbranded brushes than risk ruining my favourite brushes with my haphazard method of ‘whatever shower gel I’m trying to use up at the time’ and a mixing bowl of warm water.
No more! The solid brush cleanser is easy to use (even for layabouts like me) – you just wet your brush (I popped mine into a little glass of warm water), swirl it around on the cleanser – making cute lil bubbles as you do so – and voila!
I put this cleanser to the test with some of my messiest makeup – namely a super orange bronzer that I’m not sure why is still in my makeup bag, and a dark forest green eyeshadow that I want to wear RIGHT NOW but will have to wait til Autumn.
The cleanser has a really light, fresh cucumber fragrance, without being overpowering (I learned my lesson after I washed my brushes in Green Apple washing up liquid and they made my eyes water). Once you’ve swirled your brush on the cleanser and it’s all clean, let it air dry and dab a bit of tissue or paper towel on the cleanser to dry it up again before putting the lid back on.
I can’t even get over how long this will last me – it’s really convenient and saves making a foundation-water flood all over my bathroom floor.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to wash the makeup brushes I’ve been neglecting since 2015. Speak soon!
You can follow me on Twitter @little_budget or on bloglovin here!
Summer, where did you go? Over here in the UK, we got one glorious week (ish) of lovely hot weather – just in time for me to sashay about in my new sunglasses at my beautiful cousin’s hen do. Let me tell you – I have never in my life been more thankful for the existence of suncream, sunglasses and sandals.
The lovely peeps at WatchShop.com were kind enough to pop me over a pair of sunnies, so I chose these gorgeous ones. “They’re a bit glam,” my mum said when I showed her, and she’s right – except they’re totally practical and understated too. They’re brill for everyday and don’t look out of place with a maxi dress (which is what I lived in all weekend).
Here’s my lil disclaimer: I used to be a Primark sunglasses girl. They’re super cheap; you can fling ’em in your bag without a second thought, and when they inevitably break, you can pick up another pair for less than you’d pay for your bus home. But they’re not the comfiest, and they do almost nothing to actually protect your eyes from the sun. After wearing these Raybans all weekend, I didn’t have that ‘sunglasses headache’ – they didn’t dig into my nose, and miraculously (though tbh probably nothing to do with the glasses) I didn’t get a tan line round my eyes. I’ll be using my Primark sunnies for cute Instagram props from now on!
Here’s a little moment of body confidence. I LOVE this picture of me. I don’t even mind how much bigger my arm looks than I thought it was. I love that you can see a little circle on my wrist where my watch rubbed my tan off. I don’t even care that I’m doing something awkward with my super-thin hair. I love that you can see the scar on my hand that I got from a rogue stir-fried mushroom (not even kidding). I love that I’m dressed like a fairy princess (dress was £8 in Primark – thank me later), but most of all I love that I look so happy. Expect this photo all over my Instagram, ’cause it isn’t often that I feel so happy with myself!
So thanks WatchShop.com for the sunnies – make sure you follow them on their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – let me know if you pick anything up and we can be glasses twins!
I love myself. There we go, I said it – and I mean it. I’m my best bud, but it’s taken me a hell of a long time to get to where I am today. I was so inspired by Lucy’s post ‘Unapologetically Me’ (which you need to read, like, right now) and even more inspired when she created the Self Love Tag!
Here are the rules:
Answer all the questions honestly!
Tag 5 people you’d like to do this tag! Let’s be real, I’ll probably tag sixty million of you because this tag is NICE and IMPORTANT okay? Let’s go!
- What is something that’s getting you down at the moment?
I’ve finished uni and I’m SO. BORED. I’m doing a Masters in September but that seems light years away. I’m wasting my days lounging about with my puppy and eating Freddo bars.
- What is something that makes you happy?
Spending time in the sunshine! I can feel myself cheering up as I soak in the sun; bonus points for stylish sunglasses, a giant bun and preferably something gingham to wear.
- Name 3 guilty pleasures.
Video games, eating anything with sour cream (including ready salted crisps, breadsticks, celery… you name it), and spending my wages the second I finish work.
- What is something about yourself you want to improve?
Looking after my body – shift a bit of the excess weight I’ve magically put on while I’ve been napping throughout the day and eating takeaways.
- When was the last time you belly laughed?
Me and my mum regularly laugh our heads off at the most ridiculous things. I can’t remember a specific time but it’ll have been wildly inappropriate.
- What is your biggest insecurity/fear?
- Name a song that always cheers you up when you’re down.
Tomorrow from Annie! What a bop that tune is – and it’s impossible to be grumpy when it’s playing. It’s also impossible not to enthusiastically lip-sync along.
- Name 3 things you like about yourself.
My work ethic (ya girl works 7 days a week, don’tcha know?), my lips (Kylie Jenner ain’t got nuthin on my bad boys) and my figure. It’s a bit chunkier than I’d like at the moment but I’m loving it anyway!
- What is an achievement that’s made you proud of yourself this year?
If I’ve worked it out correctly, I’ve finished my degree with a First!
- Tell us your happiest memory.
There are so many! Bringing my bunnies home, bringing Amber home, my birthdays, moving into my house, being offered a job at Disney…
So there we go! I’m tagging bloggers I’m loving (and stalking a lil bit) this month: Abbey, Severina, Alice, Olivia and Naomi!
I love a good list of goals – check out my 101 in 1001 challenge post if you haven’t already! – and what better place to share said goals than with you guys? And girls. And mice.
I know, I know – it’s nearly June. Let’s say these are my halfway-through-the-year blogging goals. Can you relate to any of these? Let’s go!
- Hit 2000 followers on my blog Instagram (which, by the way, is my only Instagram because my ‘real’ life consists solely of Sims 4, hoovering and feeding my zoo). It’s @littlebudget if you want to help me out…
- Hit 4000 Twitter followers! This number is INSANE to me – and expect a little giveaway once I get there!
- Post on my blog at least 3 times a week. Ideally I want to do one beauty post, one lifestyle and one personal post per week. Let me know your thoughts!
- Set up a bloggers WhatsApp group. I want new friends! New friends who can lust over each other’s flatlays and recommend the best drugstore makeup products pls.
- Start a dedicated Disney section on my blog. Disney (and my fast-growing collection… oops) has become such a big part of my life and I have so much to write about!
- Not specifically blog-related… but I want to vlog my days on Instagram Stories! I apologise in advance for how big my forehead is.
Such a tiddly tiny post today, but it’s a cute lil one, don’t you think? Speak soon!
I love a good challenge. I’m forever pinning those 30-day squat challenges to my designated 30-day-challenge board and promising myself that I’ll start them… on Monday. Or at the start of the month. Or the end of the month. Spoiler alert – I still haven’t done a 30-day squat challenge. I’m not sure I’d fit into my leggings if my behind got any bigger.
Then I stumbled across the 101 in 1001 challenge. I was intrigued, because you get to set your own little goals and tick them off and I like ticking stuff off, okay? I’m the sort of person who’ll write something I’ve already done on my to-do list and tick it off just to feel a bit mighty. Anyone else?
The 101 in 1001 challenge is essentially this: set yourself 101 little goals, tasks, activities, anything you like! You’ve got 1001 days to finish off your list – this works out as about 3 years ish (I haven’t looked at a calculator and am horrendous at maths so please correct me if I’m wrong…!) which is a nice long stretch of time for me to procrastinate with!
I’ve chosen a mix of important and silly tasks and challenges and goals for my 1001 days – let me know your favourite frivolous ones!
I’ll be updating this post as I go along – and sharing it to my Twitter every week or so, so you can see how I’m getting on! This isn’t a tag, but TAG you’re it – I’d LOVE to read some other bloggers’ 101 in 1001 challenges! Without further ado, here we go!
- Get a puppy! COMPLETED 17/5/17 – I brought Amber home!
- Learn to drive.
- Buy a car.
- Hold a tarantula.
- Read 50 Shades of Grey – I must be the only person who hasn’t yet!
- Have a Disney movie marathon.
- Make a new friend (my DMs are open for friendship applications…).
- Vlog a day in my life on Instagram Stories!
- Take puppy to obedience classes.
- Visit a canine café.
- Buy an Xbox 1 because DEAD RISING 4.
- Get my eyebrows waxed. COMPLETED – and I didn’t cry like a baby!
- Finish Dead Rising 2 on my Xbox without screaming/wetting myself.
- Learn to do the splits!
- Drink the right amount of water every day for a month.
- Lose 1.5 stone! I’ve ballooned somewhat over the last year and I’m not keen.
- Start & finish the new Zelda game on Wii U.
- Finish any Pokémon game on my DS.
- Play Animal Crossing!
- Complete a Sims 4 Challenge (look them up, I’m addicted!).
- Get the disneylife app and watch every movie I can!
- Get a massage (oo-er).
- Read 100 books (I should smash this one!).
- Save some money every day for a month & treat myself with what I save.
- Start a journal, bullet or otherwise.
- Take a fashion risk (not wearing a bra counts as a risk, right…?).
- Go to a fitness class.
- Go to a dance class.
- Clear out my entire wardrobe, millions of coats included.
- Buy a whole new wardrobe that actually fits/suits me…
- Complete a colouring book!
- Finish one of those pesky 30 day challenges…
- Have a hair makeover!
- Get a wash & blow dry every few months.
- Finish reading Battle Royale.
- Have a tech-free day.
- Blog every day for a month!
- Post twice on Instagram every day for a week & blog the results!
- Go to Disneyland Paris!
- Decorate my bedroom.
- Get a hairless rat.
- Go to Center Parcs!
- Come off my antidepressants.
- Go on a date!
- Have a no-spend month.
- Cook a new meal every day for a week.
- Learn how to do a cut crease properly without looking like an unskilled drag queen.
- Find a new hobby!
- Improve my photography.
- Collect all of the Disney city tsum tsum sets…
- Go to the cinema by myself.
- Cook a three course meal for my family.
- Have a birthday party!
- Have a beach day!
- Grow some plants in my garden.
- Graduate my Masters!
- See Wicked in the West End.
- Get a fitbit type thingy. COMPLETED – but I don’t know how to work the bugger.
- Have a London holiday.
- Make money on eBay!
- Maintain a fake tan for a whole month & blog the process.
- Go back to singing lessons.
- Do another musical theatre exam!
- Go abroad for the first time!
- Have a barbecue in my new garden with my family.
- Get a promotion/more responsibilities at work!
- Exercise every day for a month.
- Take a selfie every day for a month & blog the process.
- Give up going out for food for a month.
- Start a savings account and put aside a little bit every month.
- Create a skincare routine – and stick to it!
- Go cruelty free with all my makeup, hair and skincare products.
- Tweet something nice to someone every week.
- Go to a hen do!
- Go for a jog round a park without being mortified.
- Sing in public.
- Dedicate an hour a day to tidying up and organising.
- Build a space for my pets in the spare room – my house looks like a pet shop…
- Find the beach I loved from Cornwall. Or was it Wales? I can’t remember. Find it anyway.
- Swim in the sea.
- Sort out who I’m subscribed to on YouTube & unsubscribe from anyone I don’t watch (this might take years…)!
- Have a photoshoot done without making audible panic sounds when smiling.
- Get a pedicure.
- Grow my nails and get gels to keep them pretty!
- Write a post about my blogging goals.
- Find a bra that actually fits me.
- Monitor my mental health every day for a month.
- Learn how to swim!
- Get a swimming costume that makes me feel bangin’.
- Go to a petting zoo!
- Start a photo album of my twenties. I can’t wait to look back on it!
- Have a day out in Newcastle with my Dad. It’s my favourite tradition.
- Go to a car boot sale. I loved these when I was little!
- Stretch every day for a month.
- Keep a diary that I’ll actually use and not just put cute stickers in…
- House train my puppy (not loving little wees all over my bed…).
- Take better care of my body – lotion & body butter, I’m coming for you!
- Try every Lush bath bomb.
- Display and expand my Disney collection!
- Work on my anger and stress levels!
So there we go – kudos if you’re reading this far down! These are my goals for the next couple of years. Let’s see if I can stick to any of them, shall we…?! Follow me on Twitter for updates at @little_budget! Speak soon!